Wednesday, January 9, 2013

September Asbury Angels Boardwalk of Fame Ceremony

The trip this past September was amazing. I am so glad that I got to attend the Boardwalk of fame ceremony! Just weeks before Hurricane Sandy demolished the East coast. After the storm,the benches with the new plaques on them were all recovered, thank god!, and they will be reinstalled on the new benches at this Januarys Light of Day charity concert series, where an additional 13 will be added to the roster. As much as I would love to be in attendence at this years LOD I dont think I will be able to make it. But miracles do happen, so you never know. Either way, im very glad that the Asbury Angel foundation is going strong and all is ,for the most part, well again on the Jersey Shore. The Building was , to my knowledge, not affected by the storm. The Tri City News just released a very optimistic article about the buildings owner and his intentions rgd the property.I look forward to what lies ahead for it. You can see all my photos from the trip to the shore on my books facebook page, under the books title, For Music's Sake Asbury Park's Upstage Club and Green Mermaid Cafe. If you havent seen the page yet, make sure you "like" it so you can be completely up to date on all things Upstage.

No comments:

Post a Comment